Barefoot Merlot Glazed Brownies
What do you do when you have half a bottle of Barefoot Merlot leftover? You use it to make brownies, of course! These dark chocolate Merlot brownies will surely satisfy any sweet tooth. The combination of dark and semi-sweet chocolate mixed with a luscious cocoa powder will have you coming back for seconds!
- 1/4 cup Barefoot Merlot
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup All Purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- For the Merlot Glaze: 2 tablespoons Barefoot Merlot
- For the Merlot Glaze: 2 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
- For the Merlot Glaze: 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small pot over low heat, melt the butter and chocolate together until smooth.
- Add the wine and whisk until fully incorporated and remove the pot from the heat.
- Add the eggs one at a time, and whisk to combine after each addition.
- Add the sugar and vanilla and stir to combine.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and salt and stir until smooth.
- Transfer the batter into a 9x9 tin foil-lined baking pan and place it in the oven for 25 minutes and bake until done
- While the brownies are baking, melt together the semi sweet chocolate and butter for the glaze.
- Once melted, whisk in the wine and set aside.
- When the brownies are done, let them cool.
- Once cooled, drizzle the glaze over the brownies and spread it on top using an offset spatula.